TRACK Tip Tuesday on Payment Processing
TRACK supports two different credit card gateways:
- Vacation Rent Payment (also known as VRP or Yapstone)
TRACK connects to either of these gateways. The only processor that connects to VRP is VRP as they have their own credit card processor and gateway. If you do not use VRP as your gateway and processor then you can use Authorize.net. You can use any existing processor as long as it connects to Authorize.net as the gateway.
TRACK officially has 2 processors that connect by the gateway of Authorize.net in Ascent Processor and Lynnbrook Group.
Here are some notes regarding using the Gateway of Authorize.net
- By default, Authorize.net will send their version of an emailed receipt to whichever email address was set up with the Authorize.net gateway account. To stop these:
- Log in to your Authorize.net account(s) and click on “Account” from the top navigation bar.
- Select “User Profile” from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Under the “Account Owner Profile”, click “Edit Profile Information”.
- Under the “Transaction Emails” section of this page, de-select “Transaction Receipt”, followed by clicking on “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Upon hitting “Submit”, a pop-up box will appear, asking you to request a PIN to validate your identity. Once you click “Request PIN”, do not navigate away from the pop-up box; obtain the PIN from your email, enter that PIN, and hit “Submit” to validate.